Gout is a form of arthritis – a very painful one! It happens when the normal metabolic process of uric acid goes out of control. The process becomes abnormal when the body creates too much uric acid for the body to handle. This extra uric acid crystalizes into the joints of the toes, ankles, feet, elbows, fingers, and hands; thus, causing painful attacks.
People with gout usually feel tenderness in the affected areas. The pain may be mild and dull at first, but it could definitely develop severely as the sickness gets worse. If gout will not be treated, it can give way to other forms of damage such as joint damage, kidney stones, kidney damage, crippling arthritis, and even heart disease.
When signs and symptoms of gout is felt, it is best to seek medical advice from medical experts for gout treatment. You must get to know the different signs and symptoms of gout for earlier remedy. Some gout medications, though, have some side effects. That is why, most gout patients go for natural gout treatment.
Our nature is very rich with resources that could aid different kinds of diseases. From it springs various natural remedies for gout. Gout patients have tried some natural gout treatments that have proven to be effective. Some of these natural gout treatments are the following.
- Vitamin C – Taking in Vitamin C from fruits and juices reduces the uric acid in joints; thus, easing the pain. Just see to it that the juice comes from natural ingredients and no extra sugar is added.
- Ginger – If gout is felt in the toes, one of the remedies is to soak the toes in a mixture of water and 1/3 cup of ground ginger. This can be done for 30 minutes. This method causes sweating and the elimination of uric acid. Just remember to wash the feet thoroughly after soaking to prevent skin irritation.
- Herbs – Some herbs contain powerful anti-inflammatory substances, which can relieve gout pain. Some of these herbs are licorice, devil’s claw root, ginger root, and white willow bark.
- Vegetable Juices – Raw vegetable juices are found to be effective gout remedy. Some of these are carrot juice, cucumber juice, and beetroot juice.
- Cherries – Cherries and cherry juice are excellent natural gout treatment. Cherries contain chemicals called anthocyanins, which have anti-inflammatory properties and lower uric acid in the body. Cherries can lessen the uric acid build up in toes, knees, and fingers.
- Apples – An apple a meal keeps gout away. Apples are known to contain malic acid that can neutralize uric acid.
- Mustard – Gout patients can prepare a mustard plaster and apply it to the affected areas of the body. Mix one part mustard powder or crushed mustard seeds to one part whole wheat flour and add enough water to form a thick paste. Leave it on the affected areas for several hours.
Natural gout treatments are safe and free from harmful side effects. There is indeed a lot of natural gout treatment available today, but we must always put to mind that prevention is always better than cure.