Herbs To Cure Gout
Herbs do more than add flavor and taste to different cuisines, their medicinal power are quite impressive, too! The healing power of herbs has been tried and tested over time. Herbs are considered to be therapeutic and curative to man. Herbs are capable of healing a number of diseases without causing side effects and allergic reactions. There is an abundant supply of herbs in nature. All we need to do is to get to know them and their healing wonders to aid us in curing diseases of various kinds.
Herbs are plants, which are used for medicine, scent, or flavor. Leaves, roots, seeds, and flowers of herbs are used for the said purposes. Herbs are often heated to release their full aroma. Herbs are also considered great for.
Here is a list of herbs, which are used for gout treatment.
- Burdock – This is one of the chief herbs used in treating gout, rheumatism, syphilis, gonorrhea, canker sores and leprosy. This plant has been traditionally used as blood purifier. In some countries, this herb is eaten as a vegetable. The herb may have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial effects.
- Dandelion – It is a perennial, herbaceous plant with long, lance-shaped leaves. It is an herbal remedy that has been successful to treat gout and its causes. Dandelions can be made into tea and should be drunk twice a day.
- Ginger – Ginger is a good gout treatment. Mix 1/3 cup of ground ginger with water. Then, soak feet, toes, or hands affected by gout. Ginger can cause perspiration which can eliminate uric acid.
- Alfalfa – Alfalfa is a natural remedy for many ailments such as gout, arthritis, balding, and kidney stones. It is also a natural detoxifier, antioxidant, and blood alkalinizer. It is a flowering plant of the pea family and it is grown all over the world. Alfalfa is a successful remedy for gout as it has the capacity to lower uric acid levels a lot. Aside from lowering uric acid levels, it can also prevent uric acid build-up in joints.
- Turmeric – This is one of the most flavorful herbs for gout. It is a popular spice and used in curries. It works as an anti-inflammatory agent and relieves pain and swelling. This is one of the widely used herbs for gout treatment.
- Boswellia – This is another of the better home remedies for gout. It provides excellent benefits for joint health. Regular use of this herb increases blood supply to the joints keeping soft tissue nourished.
- Devil’s Claw – This is a traditional gout remedy It has been used to support healthy joints and as a digestive tonic. It also reduces uric acid levels. It is also an effective immune system tonic. However, this herb is not good for those who are suffering from ulcer or pregnant.
Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus oil is a good gout treatment. A small quantity of eucalyptus oil is warmed before applying it in a very thin layer over the painful joint. This can be a very relaxing pain relief.