There has been a lot said about the effectiveness of herbal medicine in treating gout. In fact, gout herbal treatment has become popular over the years. Herbal remedies for gout have been proven to eliminate the waste products from the body. There are many herbs to treat gout naturally and lower down uric acid levels.
Gout is a very painful disease. It is a kind of arthritis which is developed when levels of uric acid in the body goes high and cannot be eliminated. The uric acid transforms into crystal like particles and dwell upon the different joints in the body that causes inflammation.
Before discussing gout herbal treatment, it is best to know first its causes and symptoms.
The following factors can cause an increase in the uric acid levels in the body resulting to gout:
- Heredity – Some people inherit the disease from their parents or other family members. Men have higher risk to gout than women do.
- Obesity – Obese people are more likely to develop gout. Eating too much fatty foods can add up to the increase of uric acid level in the body.
- Alcohol – People who drink heavily might experience gout attacks right after drinking. Alcoholic beverages increase the production of uric acid in the body.
- High blood pressure and heart diseases are also known to increase the levels of uric acid.
- Drugs – certain drugs like aspirin and diuretics can increase uric acid level.
- High-purine foods – Foods like meat, seafood, mushrooms, and organs are high in purine and can trigger gout attacks.
Symptoms of gout include:
- Severe and sudden pain (especially at night)
- Swelling of joints
- Chills and fever during gout attacks
There are many treatment options for gout, but usually, gout patients prefer to have gout herbal treatment because it is natural and does not have side effects.
Some of the best herbal treatment for gout are artichoke, celery, dandelion, devil’s claw, figwort, juniper, meadowsweet, parsley, sarasprilla, yucca, nettle, urva ursi, buchu, rosehip,guaiacum, ginger, capsicum, alfalfa, cherries, bhelwa, chamomile, and boswellia.
Other herbal remedies are amla berries, apple cider vinegar, haritaki, bahera, vacha, barberry, neem, giloy, garlic, Indian madder, and strawberries.
Here are some steps in preparing some gout herbal remedies for intake:
- Berries, blueberries, and strawberries – Just eat them fresh! You can also prepare pure cherry juice. Drink at least eight (8) ounces of this juice every day.
- Garlic – One of the ancient remedies for gout is getting some fresh garlic into the system. Eat at least two cloves of garlic every day. Garlic can also be mixed in food, just in case you cannot tolerate to eat it solely.
- Burdock Root – Make a tea of burdock root by adding an ounce of fresh or dried root to a quarter of boiling water. After which, remove the burdock root and drink the tea.
- Dandelion – Add dried dandelion to boiling water to produce dandelion tea. Add 1 teaspoon of the dried herb in 2 cups of boiling water and brew for 15 minutes to make the tea.
Some of these best gout herbal treatment still will not work if the patient does not adhere faithfully to the therapy. Self-discipline is a must!