The primary reason behind gout arthritis is the accumulation of uric acid crystals in your blood that gets deposited in several body joints that leads to pain and swelling or inflammation. On the other hand the excess of uric acid levels in blood can be caused due to consumption of foods that are rich in purine and the people suffering from gout attacks should try to stick to diets that re low in purine in order to prevent gout attacks and subsequently gout arthritis.
The purine rich foods comprises of meats from the organs such as kidney and liver and also in some types of fish such as salmon and sardines. In addition to this, alcoholic drinks such as beer are also known to be rich in purine and should be best avoided by a person suffering from gout arthritis because it contains yeast. Lastly, you should also try to reduce the consumption of tea and coffee or avoid them if possible. Instead you should try to increase the water intake to flush out excess uric acid levels in the body. In short, those who are suffering from gout arthritis should try to avoid foods that are high in purine and turn to foods that are low in purine content. Lets us take know about some of those foods that are low in purine content:
• You can try to consume fresh and green vegetables such as cabbage and lettuce and others such as potatoes, tomatoes and capsicum.
• Foods those are rich in fiber and water such as cherries, bananas that are rich in potassium, pineapples and oranges and strawberries.
• Plant proteins can also be very effective such as soya-beans, nuts, peanut butter and tofu. p
• Cereals such as whole grain wheat and brown rice are also low in purine content.
Moreover, there are several nutritional supplements that are to be consumed by the patients of gout arthritis or to prevent the same.
• Apple cider vinegar is very effective because it creates an alkaline surrounding in the body system and helps to reduce or prevent gout attacks.
• The Omega 3 fatty acids that helps to control the production of leuko-trienes which in turn helps to reduce inflammation in the body due to gout attacks. In addition to fish, this ingredient can also be acquired from plant sources such as flaxseed and walnut.
• Celery seeds are useful and reduce the content of uric acid level in blood and for this, you will have to boil one tablespoon of celery seeds in two cups of water to prepare this drink like tea and consume it during different times of the day.
• Cod liver oil is also high in vitamin A and helps to keep the kidneys healthy and prevents the built up of uric acid inside the body. Consuming one teaspoon daily can help to prevent gout arthritis.
• Cherry juice can also reduce the swelling and inflammation that commonly occurs in gout arthritis and it is good enough to consume concentrated cherry juice without water and taking it regularly can facilitate in the reduction of blood uric acid levels and subsequently prevent the attack of gout arthritis.
Gout is often referred to gout arthritis because it is directly related to arthritis. In other words, gout is one form of arthritis from amongst the hundreds that exist. In fact, it is viewed as one of the most painful from of arthritis and constitutes for five percent of all cases of arthritis. There are several symptoms of for this type of arthritis and some of them include redness, swelling, inflammation, stiffness, heat and pain that are most agonizing. Although, the symptoms can occur in any joint of the body but it is known to occur most in the big toe. The pain is caused by the uric acid crystals that get deposited in the joints and the surrounding tissues. The crystals resemble a needle and there are several needles like structures that results in enormous pain. These crystals are created in the blood due to abnormal levels of uric acid in blood. Although, there are several medicines that are prescribed by the doctors and help to reduce pain and inflammation in this disease, the natural remedies are very popular and known to reduce the pain without producing the side-effects.