Among the other forms of arthritis, gout is the most painful. It is caused by excessive production of uric acid of the body. The uric acid crystals begin to build up if a person has a high level of uric acid thus gout attack is triggered. That is why to avoid gout attack the best thing to do is find a way on how to reduce the level of the uric acid. Fortunately, nowadays there are many acute gout treatments available.
However, before finding any gout treatment it is necessary to know first the symptoms of acute gout. Actually, the common symptoms of acute gout include swelling and redness, heat sensation and intense pain in the affected joints. Likewise, acute gout attack is triggered by several factors such as excessive intake of alcohol, stress and underlying medical condition. Usually, the painful attack lasts for not more than 10 days. On the other hand, if the attack becomes persistent you should expect for longer duration as well as more intense pain.
Definitely, prevention is the key in order to avoid suffering from acute gout attack. This means that you should prevent and avoid the factors that trigger the episodes of painful attacks. Thus, you should consider some valuable tips that can help in acute gout treatment.
1. Drink plenty of water at least 3 liters every day in order to flush out the uric acid from your body.
2. Avoid intake of foods that have high purine such as organ meat, red fatty meat, seafood, poultry, yeast extract and many others.
3. Reduce alcohol intake especially beer because it triggers gout attack.
4. Eat cherries because it helps in reducing uric acid production and at the same time offers anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
5. Losing weight is another way of gout treatment. It is because most people suffering from gout are overweight and have a higher level of uric acid.
6. Avoid doing anything that is too extreme because it will aggravate the gout attack.
Indeed, following the useful tips on acute gout treatment can prevent recurring gout attack. You should keep in mind that if this condition is not given immediate and proper attention it will permanently damage the joints and worse lead to kidney stones. On the other hand, before trying any gout treatment it is necessary to consult first your doctor. In this way you can ensure that the treatment is safe and will provide effective results.
There are medications prescribed to relieve the intense pain during gout attack. However, the medications have negative effects to other vital organs when taken in longer duration. Therefore, the key to obtain best results of gout treatment is prevention. This can only be possible if the person will avoid all the things that may cause increasing of uric acid level. In fact, there is no permanent cure for gout. All the treatments are only temporary relief to alleviate the symptoms. That is why, as early as possible an individual should learn to recognize the symptoms and seek immediate medical intervention.